Back

Cerkiew Opieki Bogurodzicy Krynica Słotwiny

The Filial Greek Catholic Church of the Protection of the Mother of God in Krynica-Słotwiny (currently the Roman Catholic Parish Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus)

The Filial Greek Catholic Church of the Protection of the Mother of God in Krynica-Słotwiny (currently the Roman Catholic Parish Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus)
Uwagi nt. dostępności: The Filial Greek Catholic Church of the Protection of the Mother of God in Krynica - Słotwiny (currently the Roman Catholic Parish Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus)
Słotwińska 50, 33-380 Moszczenica Tourist subregion: Beskidzki
Facilities at cultural sites: Photographing allowed
Type of historical sites: Religious sites
Dates from 1887-88. The church was built in the West Lemko church building style, though it significantly diverges from the classic layout. The current church fittings, mainly transferred in the 1950s from the parish church in the spa part of Krynica, consist of: a main altar with a painting of the Sacred Heart of Jesus from 1898 and neo-renaissance side altars from the end of the C19th. Of the old church fittings only fragments of an iconostasis have been preserved.
Play Play