The health-resort buildings in Ojców
Ojców Tourist subregion: Krakowski
Facilities at cultural sites: Photographing allowed
The health-resort buildings date from the period when Ojców was a renowned holiday and spa resort.
Franciszek Karpiński, Jan Ursyn Niemcewicz, Fryderyk Chopin and Cyprian Kamil Norwid were among those who stayed there. In 1885 Dr. Lucjan Kowalski set up the first hydrotherapeutic establishment with the name “Sybilla”. Then, under the following village landlord Count Aleksander Przeździecki, the hotel “Pod Łokietkiem”, the inn “Wesele w Ojcowie” and the Prądnik baths were added. During the January Uprising the whole resort burnt down – rebuilding was undertaken by the subsequent landlords, Jan Zawisza and Count Ludwik Krasiński.